Thursday, November 01, 2007

We've Arrived!

When you drive up to our new neighborhood there is a billboard at the entrance that says "You've Arrived". I think what that really means is that you've just driven 30 miles to get here and for God's sake - You've finally freakin' Arrived! Yeah, we moved and it seems like we moved to Canada. It's only Aubrey (between Denton and McKinney) but it's a stretch from the rest of the world. Here's the website, www.savannahdfw.com


Amy found this place when she was searching for a new home and she just fell in love with it. It really is great! Quite honestly, it's like the Truman Show here. There are kids laughing and playing at all the neighborhood parks. They ride their bikes in the streets and the cars actually slow down for them. There are moms with strollers all over the place and dads out throwing the football with Jr. You'll find joggers and walkers and people playing tennis on the many available courts. This place has ponds stocked with fish and people trying to catch them. Everyone has a smile on their face and they wave at you like they are old friends. It's kinda freaky! I'm waiting for someone to crack and come running to us yelling "run for your lives this is all a hoax". Remember the movie Funny Farm? It's the movie where Chevy Chase buys the old country farm and thinks he has "arrived" when he finds out the people in the town are actually rude and mean. If you remember, he ends up paying the towns people to be nice and hospitable when he tries to sell the farm. I'm thinking that will be me in a few weeks when I find out that this is all a joke. I pray that I'm wrong.

Here's another crazy thing about this place...it actually has a movie theater, a full gym, basketball court, soccer and baseball fields and a mini club inside the .......well uh....clubhouse! Amy and I just took part in our first community activity otherwise known as Halloween. We walked around our neighborhood and enjoyed our .......well uh....neighbors. Many went all out and decorated like crazy for this event. They entertained the kids with their creativity turning their houses into graveyards, haunted houses, and just flat out spooky places. Everybody was so nice and Amy and I got to meet all of our neighbors. We've never been able to go "trick or treating" in our neighborhood before so this was indeed a treat.

I think we are going to enjoy it here. It's a long way from anything but I think that's part of it's magic. People who work all day in the city dealing with the hustle and bustle of traffic and city life look forward to driving home each day because they know that this place takes them away from all of that. I think for Amy and I we look at this place as a great place to get us out of our comfort zone and we get to enjoy a new way of life for awhile. God must want us venture out some! I'm all for it!

Sorry this wasn't so funny but many times I'm so taken back by God's grace and cool plans that I'm more in awe than funny. I'm happy but I'm not exactly cracking jokes. I guess it doesn't hurt to be a little serious here and there. God knows that I'm smiling and laughing inside. That's because I think we are in God's will and I pray everyday that we are. Then and only then will I know that we've "Arrived"!

I love my new home!
Brian

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

God does not expect you to always be funny nor does anyone else. It's O.K. to be seriously thankful and awed by your good fortune. It does not warrant a joke only------
Thank you, Heavenly Father.
Love, your mother

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home