Sunday, July 08, 2007

My Love of Puppets!

Many of you know that I love puppets and puppeteering. I am still learning how to be a good puppeteer but I still have a long way to go. My friend Ed is a great puppeteer. Partly because he understands the dynamics of puppeteering and partly because he has a lot of wacky personalities in his head that need to come out. I too have this same multi-personality disorder but mine are chock-full of ADHD. In fact, my favorite characters are just like me...a little out of control. Speaking of my favorite characters, I've added a couple of pictures of my favorite puppets that I currently perform with on Sunday morning. Let's start with Fernando:


Fernando is one of Ed's characters but I love to use him on Sunday. Fernando's persona can transform any puppeteer into a mildly rude, egotistical French/Spanish guy with a bad accent. Fernando has a great heart but unfortunately has terrible judgement skills and no inner-dialogue so you have no idea what you will get on any given Sunday. He also can't keep a job...go figure!


Zany (First puppet on the left), my newest character is basically a reincarnation of an older character named Goose Goose - Below.
Zany is always positive about everything no matter what. This is part of my persona too. I'm usually positive about everything but not as much as Zany. Zany is always overly thrilled to be where-ever he is and every day is an amazingly great day.

Now as far as pure greatness goes. It cannot be denied that Jim Henson created the funniest characters that ever lived. Click on this You Tube link of The Swedish Chef, Beaker and Animal's version of Danny Boy. This may very well be the funniest thing I've ever seen. It made me laugh and cry!

I love my puppets - oh boy oh boy!
Brian

2 Comments:

Blogger Holly Days said...

I too love puppets...I married one...oh wait, that's Ed, not a puppet! Sometimes it gets confusing around here...is it a puppet talking to me or is it Ed? That's cool you wrote about Ed though! I'll show him the blog tonight!

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you are great

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home