Monday, August 20, 2007

God's way of being in charge!

Ok!....
Anytime one of my blogs starts out with "Ok!"<- this means that something has messed with my world.
Ok...so we just recently found out that Amy is pregnant. This comes to us as quite a surprise since Amy and I have been very good about being careful. When we wanted kids, we threw careful out the window and had kids on demand! Well, a couple of weeks ago we found out that careful is relative. God is in charge and when His plan is not yours then expect careful to be thrown out the window. I am usually very accepting of God's plan except when it interferes with mine and we all know how well that works. God is bigger and smarter and all that stuff but couldn't he just leave me alone and let me plan for the future the way I think is best for me? After all, I've got a good grasp of things...don't I?

Here's the deal!

According to God, no matter how good of grasp of things I think I may have...He is God and I am not! My job is to trust Him and obey Him and realize that He wants the absolute best for my life. With that in mind I have to look at this blessing of a new baby as a gift from God and as the best thing for my life. That's the deal!

What's funny is that my wife is quite accepting of God's interference. She has already completely decorated the baby's room, come up with over 20 names to choose from, figured out every single thing we will need for the next sixteen years of the baby's life and has planned every second of this pregnancy. I'm still looking at the two lines on the pregnancy test and saying "You're pregnant?" - I've got 9 months to come to grips with it.

I'll put sonograms and belly pictures up as soon as I get them but in the mean time pray for me and my grip!

I love my kids....all of them!

Brian

1 Comments:

Blogger Holly Days said...

I heard a little something about this the other day...I so happy for you guys! I can't wait to meet the next Holt to enter the world. We'll be praying for you guys!

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home