Saturday, January 05, 2008

What a blessed year!


I'm took a moment this morning to reflect on 2007 and by the time I got through everything that happened this year, my eyes were crossed. Here's just a top 10 summary of 2007 highlights in no particular order or in any particular style(this is just what came to mind):

- I started a new job with a community church in Frisco, TX. - Yeah!
- Amy resigns from Fellowship and starts own business. - Scary!
- Amy's Bible study that she co-wrote with Lisa Whelchel is published. - Amazing!
- CJ accepts Christ and gets Baptized. - Hallelujah!
- Went on first family vacation - Cruising baby!
- My oldest daughter Ashlyn is dating and about to get her drivers license -ugh! Sigh! ugh! (please give me a minute to cry!)
- We move to Savannah, TX to a wonderful house. - Greatness!
- I resigned my position at Preston Trail and go to work with Amy. Scarier!
- Amy gets pregnant! - Wow!
- CJ starts public school after first 3 years in private! - Oh boy!

I could go on and on but the truth is I look back and I just didn't see any tragedy, sickness, death, or any other misfortune that would have dampened the year. I could spend the rest of the day simply counting my blessings and I still wouldn't touch the surface. I have the greatest wife, kids, mom, dad, brother, sister, family, and friends in the world. I live like a king compared to most of the world and I truly have no worries big enough to really matter. I attribute it to all to God who has filled my life with all of these blessings.

I've told my little family that this year I want us to spend more time counting our blessings and less time worrying about what we don't have. I have a feeling there won't be enough time in day to count them all.

Here's to a great 2008!

I love my life!
Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home