Thursday, December 27, 2007

A Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year indeed!

Ok, so it's been a month since I blogged...I needed a break! Actually, I've been pretty busy and havent had the time to get on and write. Not that I didnt have anything to write about but busy is busy!

This week me and the family drove to my parents house in New Braunfels for Christmas. It's been nearly 10 years since I've been able to take part in Christmas Eve. Since getting into Ministry, I've been unavailable for Christmas Eve family activities. This was a wonderful experience for me. We shared a wonderful time at my sisters house and, of course we ate like kings. Let me tell you about it:

The kids played outside amongst the rocks, trees and a 9ft slide/swing set. They all managed to escape death...barely! By the time the night was over, many of the kids had knots and bruises and Lily looked like she had been in a gang fight. Lily is so stinkin' tough and she only cried once. That's my bruiser!

Lisa's tree was seven stories tall and poked through the roof. The airforce flew by several times to make sure it wasnt a nuclear missle. It was cool! The presents - Oh the presents! They lined up under the tree in beautiful mountainous stages. The first stage looked like peaks of the Rocky mountains. The presents on this level actually had ice caps on them. The second level (like the foothills of the Rocky's) had sheep and cattle on them. The final layer stretched out like a vast Colorado plain. I swear I thought I saw an aurora in the distance.

By the time all the presents were opened there was bunch of people outside protesting the outrageous misuse of wrapping paper and the ungodly tree killing that took place to make it all. There was enough paper to wrap a cruise ship. The kids were like wild animals, they tore through their presents with crazy eyes and razor like claws. The noise was like that of a tornado with the tearing of each present. The cloud of wrapping paper darkened the sky like an eclipse. The whole scene was nuts.

When it was all said and done the kids were all jacked up and the parents were wondering how they were going to load it all up in their car. It was a good time had by all. I look forward to Christmas next year...I'll just make sure to wear earplugs!

Cheers!
Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home