Saturday, May 19, 2007

Florida was greatness!


Well hello everyone who reads this blog...oh wait I'm the only one who reads this silly blog. Who would waste their time reading the rantings of a fool? Why me of course!



Ok, so we went to Florida recently. Very nice!!!!!! We got to stay in a lovely condo provided by one of Amy's cousins who co-owns it and leases it out to family for the cleaning cost of a whopping $100. See pictures. Of course, with any Holt family road trip comes the adventure of balancing our zany-ness with the rest of the world. God it's good to be crazy! It makes life so fullfilling and fun. Allow me to highlight the Holt Family Florida Adventure...or the HFFA if you will.

Day One - Road Trip:
Destination: New Braunfels (Mom and Dad's house) to drop off Dogs, then down the road to Beaumont, TX.
Highlight#1: CJ tests theory of heat transfer by touching hot burner on Mema's stove to see if it was hot...it was! We got to hear how much it hurt for over 700 miles.
Highlight#2: Hotel in Beaumont is full of Prom kids running around the hotel slamming doors and partying all night so that I don't sleep!
Highlight#3: Hotel is free because of partying prom kids and Brian's bags under his eyes.

Day two - Road Trip:
Destination: Destin, Florida
Highlight#1: Trip to Walmart in some small town in Louisiana to get beach toys. If you've ever read my blog on Walmart you know that I believe Satan lives in Walmart and Yes, he was there that day too. Funny thing: CJ found the roughest, toughest looking group of guys I've ever seen playing video games and decided to literally move a couple of them out of his way so that he could watch one of them play a fighting game. I apologized nervously and gently but firmly pulled him away from them. They smiled with what teeth they had and in their Creole accent said "Ain't no problem!". I'm REAL glad they thought so.
Highlight#2: The condo! Pure greatness!!!! I felt like a rich snob for a few days. Shame on me!!!
Highlight#3) The Beach! Pure greatness again!!!! The sand is so nice and the water was clear. I felt like a crack addict, I wanted it more and more, the longer we stayed.
Highlight#3: The dolphin show from our back deck in the condo!!! Yes, we got to see dolphins jumping out of the water and smile at us as they did. Crazy stuff! I was waiting for music to start and a guy with a wet suit to come out of the water with a whistle in his mouth.

Day Three: The Beach
Destination: The Beach
Highlight#1......Do I really have to explain any more about the greatness of the beach?
Highlight#2: My kids reaction to the beach. CJ found his little bit of heaven. Lily just looks cute in the water as she does with everything she does.


Day Four: GOLF!!!!!
Destination: Golf Course - Any Golf Course!
No explanation required. Allow me a moment of silence to reflect on this day...............................................................................Ok, I'm back! Yes, Golf! The greatness that is golf. Sigh!

Day Five: Kids Activity Park.
Destination: One of those multi-activity parks with mini-race cars, putt putt and video games that takes all of your money and makes your kids all hyper. Yeah, you know what I mean.
Highlight: Discovering that Lily is the worst Putt Putt golfer in the world! It was painful to watch but, of course she was still stinkin cute doing it.


Day Six: GOLF AGAIN!!!!!!
Destination: Golf Course - The same one since I needed revenge after my first attempt on it.
I know this is crazy but two days of golf in the same week! It was like I died and went to Heaven. Yeah Baby!!!!!! Allow me another moment to reflect on this day..................................................................................Ok, I'm back! Oh Golf....sigh again!

Day Seven: The end of paradise!
Destination: Back Home.
Highlight: NONE....Because we had to leave and that's all I'm going to say about that! @1@#$$#&&^&*^%$ <- Me cursing!!!

So we make it to Texas and my wonderful parents cut off several hours of our trip by meeting us north of Houston with our dogs. What a wonderful thing! We make it home and sulk for a week but we are ok. We get to go back someday.


Ok, so this wasn't as zany as I thought. We actually had a fairly normal vacation without a whole lot of wackyness. Don't get used to it! After all we are the crazy Holt family from loonyville!


I love Florida, my wife, my kids, and now her cousin with a condo!
Brian