Friday, February 01, 2008

What a hoot!



Disclaimer: This post is "R" rated! That's right, it's for mature audience only. WHY you may ask? Because about 4:30am today my wife and I were awakened by the sound of two owls expressing their "desire" for each other. That's right, we heard the call of the wild and boy were they calling!!!

Of course, when Amy and I woke up we couldn't help ourselves and started imagining what those owls were doing. Now, I could go into a number of different scenarios that were playing out in my mind but I won't go there simply because I don't want people to know what I sick mind I really have. I'll rise above my evil ways for your benefit!

Amy and I listened to the owls as the sound of their hooting gradually got closer and closer. The sequence of sounds from the owls started with a deep sounding "Hoo Hoo" then a higher sounding "Hoo Hoo". The "Hoo Hoo's" became more frequent and louder as they got closer. Then we heard nothing! It was at this point that I suddenly realized - we had just listened to "owl sex". <- Told you this was "R" rated! What's disturbing is that I think it happened on our roof. Maybe I should have poured them some wine and played some Barry White!?! Jeez, what kind of host am I?

So, there you have it. Doesn't that make for some good blogging or what? I thought I would bring you some family quality entertainment this morning. Great stuff! The good news is, Amy and I now have something that will make us laugh from time to time when ever we see an image of an owl.

What a hoot!

I love owls!
Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home