Monday, May 07, 2007

My weekend with family

What a nice weekend last weekend. My Mom, Dad and Ashlyn were all in town this weekend to visit and to celebrate my Dad's birthday. He's finally going to retire at the end of this year sometime or at least semi-retire. He's a stud and a half. No one has worked harder to love and support their family like my dad. He's one of my hero's! My mom is just flat out awesome! She worked her tail off cleaning our house before we had some guest Wednesday night, while Dad and I installed a new Microwave and oven that Amy bought the day before. My mom also volunteered to keep each one of the kids on two separate nights. That may not sound outrageous but she's dealing with sleep apnea and hooks herself up to a machine at night that helps her sleep. She's only getting a max of 5-6 hours of sleep per night and you know from my blogs that my kids are rock stars...so for my mom to deal with their energy and need to stay up late and get up early was a big deal. Amy also needs my mom for that motherly thing that mothers and daughters share.

Ashlyn was great! The kids absolutely adore her and want to hang on her the entire time they are with her. The time was real short but we had fun. One of Ashlyn's highlights was a visit to the world famous Sprinkles of Beverly Hills http://www.sprinklescupcakes.com/. Ashlyn wanted to go so bad she could taste it!<-insert drum tap here.

We look forward to having them come back very soon. My dad has to help me fix this house up and my mom needs to help me get this place clean. Ashlyn needs to get up here and help me clean the dishes! She's really good at cleaning dishes and making her dad sad when she leaves, not that those have any thing in common except that she's just good at them.

I love my family!
Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home